12.02.2010

Due Date and Planes, Trains, and Automoblies

Due Date/Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

                I wasn’t a huge fan of Due Date but I have to say I enjoyed it much better than Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. The similarities between these two films are obvious in that they are both about a pair of men traveling across country. Dean Martin’s and Downey Jr.’s characters are similar because they are both in a race against time to get home to loved ones but happen to be stuck with a fat, annoying, hairy man than can’t shut his yap. Dean Martin is a legendary actor/comedian but I just didn’t feel like he did his career any justice by playing this role. He’s a funny guy but I can’t remember a single moment that I laughed out loud in this film. Downey does a much better job with roles as a serious person whose dialogue is funny. John Candy is also an extremely hilarious actor but I felt much more annoyed than amused by his character. Galifiniakis in Due Date had pretty much the same effect on me but he’s the kind of guy you can laugh at just by looking at him. In my personal opinion neither of these films are really worth much to brag about.

No comments:

Post a Comment